AIT Chicago: Company History
American Ice Theatre Founder Jodi Porter opened an AIT satellite location in Chicago in 2012. This location collaborated with Chicago’s Ice Semblé in 2012-13 and produced the 2014 show “Let’s Dance” featuring Olympic medalist Jason Brown, National Champion Ryan Bradley, renowned choreographer Rohene Ward, and contestants from the Young Artists Showcase.
AIT Chicago is now directed by Molly Olson Poniatowski with AIT skaters performing around the Chicagoland area, including venues such as Millenium Park. Company members include Kayla Grayson, Angela Como, Shaheen Bronkowski, Manol Atanassov, and Cordero Zuckerman.
AIT Chicago Seminars & Classes
The AIT Chicago Fall Seminar details & information coming soon!
For additional information on upcoming seminars and classes, check out our Chicago events on the AIT Calendar as well!
AIT Chicago Performances
- Join us! To apply to be an AIT Boston Company member for the upcoming season, please fill out the interest form. *Requirements: Must be 17 years old and have passed USFS Junior Moves in the Field for Professional Company or 13-16 and passed USFS Novice MIF for Junior Company. For all requirements please read our AIT Performance Company webpage.
- Our mission is to bring artistic contemporary skating performances to the metro area performing in a variety of venues such as winter carnivals, club shows, and outdoor lakes. AIT Chicago is not a competitive USFS ice theatre team.
- AIT Chicago Company members will learn 1-2 choreographic pieces to perform throughout the season. Rehearsals are on an as-needed basis depending on the performance schedule.
- Review additional information regarding AIT Performance Companies.
If you are interested in joining the AIT Boston Performance Company, please fill out this interest form and we will get back to you.
Support AIT Chicago
- We welcome any level donations to support our education and performance initiatives for skaters in the Boston area. Please consider donating through our Donate & Support page or by directly making a PayPal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions? Contact AIT Chicago at email@example.com.