AIT New York City: Company History
Led by Chiquita Limer and based in New York City, AIT NYC began in 2017 when Limer, along with fellow coaches and friends, started exploring dance choreography on the ice.
After sharing a series of ice combo videos on social media platforms, she decided to organize the company, which includes current and former members Jordan Bailey, Kata Junninen, Chia-hui, Ryah Mesch, Danielle Cinone, Kristiana Zuccarini, Nathalie Borgella, Vitalii Sazonets, Matt Thomas, Dmitri Serebrenik, and Ziad Khedr.
Limer describes the company’s movement philosophy as inspired by community, diversity, culture, and contemporary embodiment.
AIT NYC Performances
- AIT NYC 2021 Performance in Bryant Park on Friday, March 12 at 3:15 PM.
- The Rink at Bryant Park
- AIT NYC 2021 Company Performance Piece Premiere, “I Will Find You”
- AIT NYC Company Performers: Chiquita Limer, Chia-Hui Cheng, Kata Junninen, Jordan Bailey
- YAS 2020 Finalist, Brooke Tufts, will perform a solo
- YAS 2020 Finalist, Kjerstyn Hall, will perform
- Various additional performances from a diverse group of skaters in the NY area
AIT NYC Seminars & Classes
Register now for the AIT NYC Winter Seminar: “Find Your Creativity on Ice” led by AIT NYC Director, Chiquita Limer & AIT Co-Executive Director, Kate McSwain.
- Date, time, location, requirements:
- Saturday, March 13th from 3:30-4:50 PM Eastern Time
- World Ice located at 131-04 Meridian Rd, Flushing, NY, 11368
- Skaters must be at least age 8 and Freeskate 1 level or above
- Registration deadline is Thursday, March 11th
- Registration cost:
- $60 for in-person seminar
- $75 for in-person seminar PLUS full professional video download of the entire seminar to view again later
- $25 for full professional video download of the entire seminar (for participants who cannot attend)
- Covid protocols:
- VERY Limited capacity
- Masks required at all times
- An additional health questionnaire will be handed out at check-in
- Arrive 15 min prior to the seminar – DO NOT arrive earlier than 15 min
- Spectators are not permitted in the rink during the seminar
- Plan to wear all black attire and be ready to try anything; open minds and open hearts are necessary when exploring contemporary skating movement.
For additional information on upcoming seminars and classes, check out our AIT NYC events on the AIT Calendar as well!
Support AIT NYC
- We welcome any level donations to support our education and performance initiatives for skaters in the Boston area. Please consider donating through our Support page or by directly making a PayPal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.