AIT CLEVELAND: Company History
AIT Cleveland was created in 2021 by current Director, Elizabeth Misson. Elizabeth is an AIT-certified choreographer through the Master Choreography Techniques course and is also the Skating Director of the Brooklyn Blades on Ice.
In its inaugural year as an AIT trial satellite location, AIT Cleveland held four seasonal seminars featuring many special guest artists including Kate McSwain, Garrett Kling, Franklyn Singley, and Jacqueline Redenshek.
AIT Cleveland also debuted a professional company piece entitled “Pieces of Glass” which was choreographed by Elizabeth Misson. The piece was performed to the music entitled “Escape!” by Philip Glass from the Motion Picture Soundtrack of “The Hours” and was inspired by the works of Martha Graham, Alvin Ailey, and John Curry. The company performed at the Brooklyn Ice Show in April and at the Virtual Professional Skaters Association US Open in May. In 2022-23, AIT Cleveland will premiere a new piece so stay tuned for that.
AIT CLEVELAND Seminars & Classes
Thank you to everyone who came to our AIT Cleveland Spring Seminar. Details & information about our Summer Seminar will be coming soon!
For additional information on upcoming seminars and classes, check out our Cleveland events on the AIT Calendar as well!
AIT Cleveland Upcoming Performances
Our 2022-23 AIT Cleveland Professional Company performances will be announced soon!
AIT Cleveland Performance Company
Perform with AIT Cleveland
- Join us! To apply to be an AIT Cleveland Company member for the upcoming season, please fill out the interest form. *Requirements: Must be 17 years old and have passed USFS Junior Moves in the Field for Professional Company. For all requirements please read our AIT Performance Company webpage.
- Our mission is to bring artistic contemporary skating performances to the Cleveland area by performing in a variety of venues such as winter carnivals, club shows, and outdoor lakes. AIT Cleveland is not a competitive USFS ice theatre team.
- AIT Cleveland Company members will learn 1-2 choreographic pieces to perform throughout the season. Rehearsals are on an as-needed basis depending on the performance schedule
- Review additional information regarding AIT Performance Companies.
AIT Cleveland Repertoire
- Videos of previous AIT Cleveland Performance Company pieces:
- 2021-22: “Pieces of Glass”
- Choreographed by Elizabeth Misson
- Music: Escape! by Philip Glass
- Performers: Marissa Diaz, Vivian Gabbard, Kaelynn Higgins, Anastasia Migyanko, Elizabeth Misson, Chloe O’Brien, Giulia Paolino, and Alyson Pekkola
- 2021-22: “Pieces of Glass”
The full 2022-23 AIT Cleveland Performance Company: Marissa Diaz, Kaelynn Higgins, Anastasia Migyanko, Elizabeth Misson, Chloe O’Brien, Giulia Paolino, and Alyson Pekkola.
If you are interested in joining the 2022-23 AIT Cleveland Performance Company, please fill out this interest form and we will get back to you.
Contact us for more details!
Support AIT Cleveland
- We welcome any level donations to support our education and performance initiatives for skaters in the Cleveland area. Please consider donating through our Support page or by directly making a PayPal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.