Master Choreography Techniques (MCT) for Figure Skaters
Master Choreography Techniques (MCT) is an advanced online certification and training program for both seasoned skating coaches and those looking to specialize in a career as an ice choreographer. Whatever type of skating program you are developing — whether highly competitive, Theatre On Ice, artistic showcase, or professional — MCT educates you in the vocabulary of dance and helps you develop the art of the sport as you work with skaters.
The MCT course curriculum was developed by AIT Founder Jodi Porter. Concepts taught include:
- the use of time, space, energy, and form in choreography;
- modern dance techniques on the ice like:
- 3-dimensional movement,
- the use of weight,
- contraction and release,
- contrast, and
- moving the body in different ways through space.
All graduates of Master Choreography Techniques will receive a certificate of completion in the mail and can thereafter identify themselves as “AIT-Certified” choreographers.
The MCT course is a pre-requisite for instructors who are interested in running AIT workshops, classes, or camps.
MCT Course Details
MCT is ideal for any coach or choreographer anywhere in the world because of its self-paced, flexible schedule. The course is a combination of online work done on your own time, and live meetings via teleconference. It’s structured like an upper level college course, incorporating:
- reading assignments,
- homework, and
- critiques, plus
- class discussion.
Guided monthly discussions with your classmates are led by AIT Co-Executive Directors Garrett Kling and Kate McSwain, both AIT-Certified and PSA Master-Rated choreographers. Both were trained and mentored by AIT Founder Jodi Porter.
To maximize learning and to facilitate lively but intimate conversations and dialogue, classes are limited to 6 students per session, so register early to secure your spot!
Course Frequency and Duration
One MCT session is offered each semester. The fall session runs from September until January, and the spring session runs from February to June. Online group Skype meetings are typically held on the last Sunday of each month during the semester from 9:15 PM – 10:15 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Register Now for Master Choreography Techniques
- Next session: Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semester are FULL. Fall 2020 registration is now available; see the AIT Calendar for the exact monthly meeting dates for Fall 2019.
- Registration: $450 (discounts available with early registration, complete the MCT Registration Form for more information).
- Payment plans available: With an initial deposit of $90, there is an option to join our payment plan of $95/month for the remaining 4 months of the semester via PayPal. For more information on our payment plans, please reach out to email@example.com.
Remember, only 7 students will be admitted each semester, and slots fill up fast! Secure your spot now by filling out our Sign Up form, which is accepted year-round:
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.