Open, Grow & Direct an AIT Satellite
Becoming a director of one of our satellite locations is a passion project that requires your skills, energy, and time. But American Ice Theatre is looking to grow, and we would love to partner with you and grow our movement!
To become an AIT Director, you must:
- be over 18 years old;
- complete our Master Choreography Techniques (MCT) online course and receive your AIT Certification;
- complete our Six Ways of the Spine online course and certification;
- host between 2-3 AIT seminars in your location with Co-Directors Garrett Kling and/or Kate McSwain leading;
- participate in the AIT Director’s meeting at the Professional Skaters Association Annual Summit each May;
- participate and/or lead at one of AIT’s programs or annual events, such as
- read the AIT Director’s Handbook, have a clear understanding of AIT’s global programming and events, and sign the AIT Director’s annual contract (which requires payment of an annual satellite fee, dependent upon a variety of factors, of ~$350); and
- be willing to intentionally be a part of these programs and start your own over the course of a 1 year trial period before signing the contract.
Ricky Harris Scholarship Award
If you’re interested in opening an American Ice Theatre satellite location in your area — or you want to see how to get more involved and learn to be a leader down the road with AIT through our Mentorship Program — please contact us and let us know. We would be happy to get the conversation started.
We also offer an annual scholarship to interested entrepreneurs of contemporary skating. The Ricky Harris Scholarship Award is given to a recipient every March who wishes to pursue leadership in contemporary skating in their area. Consider applying for this $500 award and continuing the Ricky Harris legacy!