Thank you to our Virtual SKATEAWAY 2020 Adult Skaters – the event was a huge success! We are looking forward to a live event this coming fall 2021 in Austin, Texas.
Artistic Skating & Mindfulness Retreat for Skaters Ages 18+
FALL 2021 DATE TBD | VIRTUAL
For all levels and ages 18 & higher.
A retreat-style weekend skating getaway for adult skaters to connect, create, and collaborate. This fall skating weekend retreat with American Ice Theatre will give adult skaters the space away to take ownership of their innate creativity by being open to, and accepting of, their whole selves. In line with AIT’s Core Values, the Skateaway offers a getaway for skaters to view themselves as authentic and integral contributors of the artistic skating community.
- 2021 Adult Weekend Skateaway’s location will be Austin, TX (see more details below).
2021 Adult SKATEAWAY Live Event REGISTRATION FEES
- For Skateaway adult participants:
- 3-Day Early Bird Registration: $230
- 3-Day Regular Registration: $260
- 1-Day Registration: $125
- MCT Graduate Discount for the entire weekend: $190
After October 22nd, no registration fees will be refunded for any reason except a doctor’s note for injury or illness.
2021 SKATEAWAY SCHEDULE & TOPICS
The Adult Weekend Skateaway provides a unique opportunity for adult figure skaters to come together for a weekend of artistic skating, self-reflection, body movement. In addition, participants will enjoy a wine tasting, a community dinner, and a performance showcase. The schedule features a combination of on- and off-ice presentations on a variety of topics like:
- yoga on and off the ice,
- full body movement,
- mindfulness practices,
- contemporary dance,
- choreography concepts, and
- improvisation techniques.
The LIVE Skateaway Schedule for 2021 in Austin, TX:
*All times are in the Central Time Zone. This is a tentative schedule for the LIVE event in 2021.
- Check-in & happy hour/refreshments: 5 – 6 pm
- Off-ice movement & mindfulness: 6 – 7 pm
- Break: 7 – 7:30 pm
- On-ice exploration: 7:30 – 8:30 pm
- Morning yoga: 8:45 am – 9:45 am
- Coffee time: 9:45 – 10:15 am
- Edge class & Six Ways of the Spine: 10:15 am – 11:45 am
- Lunch: 11:45 am – 1:15 pm
- Dance class: 1:15 – 2:15 pm
- Break: 2:15 – 2:45 pm
- Improv & contemporary skating on ice: 2:45 – 4:45 pm
- Community dinner in downtown Austin to follow (this dinner is NOT included in the registration price)
- Breath & mindfulness: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
- Break: 10:45 – 11:15 am
- On-ice flow and choreo: 11:15 – 1:15 pm
- Lunch & wine-tasting: 1:15 – 3:15 pm
- Skate therapy, sharing & closing showcase: 3:15 – 4:45 pm
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATIONS FOR SKATEAWAY
TRAVEL TO SKATEAWAY 2021
Nearby airports serving the area include:
- Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) – 35 minutes
The 2021 Adult Weekend Skateaway will be held at the in Austin, TX.
- Skateaway Rink Address: 1717 Scottsdale Dr., Cedar Park, TX
- Skateaway Rink Phone: 262-925-6754 (Office) | 262-925-6755 (Front Desk)