Artistic Skating & Mindfulness Retreat for Skaters Ages 18+
FRIDAY-SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23-25th, 2020 | GREATER AUSTIN AREA
For all levels and ages 18 & higher.
A retreat-style weekend skating getaway for adult skaters to connect, create, and collaborate. This fall skating weekend retreat with American Ice Theatre will give adult skaters the space away to take ownership of their innate creativity by being open to, and accepting of, their whole selves. In line with AIT’s Core Values, the Skateaway offers a getaway for skaters to view themselves as authentic and integral contributors of the artistic skating community.
- Skateaway Dates: Friday-Sunday Oct. 23-25, 2020
- Skateaway Location: Austin, TX (Cedar Point, TX)
- The Crossover Ice Rink, 1717 Scottsdale Dr., Cedar Park, TX, about 35 minutes from the Austin airport
DUE TO COVID-19, FULL REFUNDS WILL BE FULLY AVAILABLE THROUGH MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2020 FOR ANYONE WHO REGISTERS PRIOR TO THE TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 DEADLINE. After October 5th, no registration fees will be refunded for any reason except a doctor’s note for injury or illness.
SKATEAWAY SCHEDULE & TOPICS
The Adult Weekend Skateaway provides a unique opportunity for adult figure skaters to come together for a weekend of artistic skating, self-reflection, body movement. In addition, participants will enjoy a wine tasting, a community dinner, and a performance showcase. The schedule features a combination of on- and off-ice presentations on a variety of topics like:
- yoga on and off the ice,
- full body movement,
- mindfulness practices,
- contemporary dance,
- choreography concepts, and
- improvisation techniques.
The Skateaway Schedule for October 23 – 25, 2020:
*All times are in the Central Time Zone.
- Friday, October 23:
- Check-in & happy hour/refreshments: 5 – 6 pm
- Off-ice movement & mindfulness: 6 – 7 pm
- Break: 7 – 7:30 pm
- On-ice exploration: 7:30 – 8:30 pm
- Saturday, October 24:
- Morning yoga: 8:45 am – 9:45 am
- Coffee time: 9:45 – 10:15 am
- Edge class & Six Ways of the Spine: 10:15 am – 11:45 am
- Lunch: 11:45 am – 1:15 pm
- Dance class: 1:15 – 2:15 pm
- Break: 2:15 – 2:45 pm
- Improv & contemporary skating on ice: 2:45 – 4:45 pm
- Community dinner in downtown Austin to follow (this dinner is NOT included in the registration price)
- Sunday, October 25:
- Breath & mindfulness: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
- Break: 10:45 – 11:15 am
- On-ice flow and choreo: 11:15 – 1:15 pm
- Lunch & wine-tasting: 1:15 – 3:15 pm
- Skate therapy, sharing & closing showcase: 3:15 – 4:45 pm
SKATEAWAY REGISTRATION FEES
The fees for this fall 2020 artistic skating weekend retreat:
- For Skateaway participants:
- Early bird registration: $230 by Saturday, August 1.
- Regular registration: $265 by Tuesday, September 15.
- Late registration: $300 until Monday, October 5 or until all spots are filled.
- Can’t attend the full weekend getaway? The Adult Weekend Skateaway daily rate is $140/day for Saturday or Sunday only.
- For coaches and choreographers:
- Discounted tuition rate: $25/day for coaches and choreographers.
- Free tuition for coaches who bring 4 or more skaters!
- No deadline to register.
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATIONS FOR SKATEAWAY
TRAVEL TO SKATEAWAY
Nearby airports serving the area include:
- Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) – 35 minutes
The Adult Weekend Skateaway is held at the The Crossover Ice Rink,
- Skateaway Rink Address: 1717 Scottsdale Dr., Cedar Park, TX
- Skateaway Rink Phone: 262-925-6754 (Office) | 262-925-6755 (Front Desk)
REGISTER NOW FOR THE 2020 ADULT WEEKEND SKATEAWAY