Artistic Skating & Mindfulness Retreat for Skaters Ages 18+
September 24-26, 2021 | Chaparral Ice | Austin, TX
For all levels and ages 18 & higher.
A retreat-style weekend skating getaway for adult skaters to connect, create, and collaborate. This fall skating weekend retreat with American Ice Theatre will give adult skaters the space away to take ownership of their innate creativity by being open to, and accepting of, their whole selves. In line with AIT’s Core Values, the Skateaway offers a getaway for skaters to view themselves as authentic and integral contributors of the artistic skating community.
- 2021 Adult Weekend Skateaway’s location will be from Friday through Sunday, September 24-26 in Austin, TX (see more details below). Early-bird registration will be available in July!
- Private lessons with the choreographers and professionals will also be available over the course of the weekend.
2021 Adult SKATEAWAY Live Event REGISTRATION FEES
- For Skateaway adult participants:
- 3-Day Early Bird Registration: $245
- 3-Day Regular Registration: $295
- 2-Day Registration (for Saturday AND Sunday only): $255
- 1-Day Registration (for Saturday OR Sunday only): $130
- MCT Graduate Discount for the all 3 days: $200
These fees include all on-ice and off-ice sessions, the Friday happy hour, and our “wine & soda tasting” on Sunday (see the full schedule below); the fee does not include the community dinner in Austin.
Due to Covid, we are giving FULL REFUNDS. If you are sick or not feeling well, please do not join us. If you are injured, please have a doctor’s note for a full refund.
2021 SKATEAWAY SCHEDULE & TOPICS
The Adult Weekend Skateaway provides a unique opportunity for adult figure skaters to come together for a weekend of artistic skating, self-reflection, body movement. In addition, participants will enjoy a wine tasting, a community dinner, and a performance showcase. The schedule features a combination of on- and off-ice presentations on a variety of topics like:
- yoga on and off the ice,
- full body movement,
- self-discovery & awareness,
- mindfulness practices,
- contemporary dance,
- choreography concepts, and
- improvisation techniques.
The LIVE Skateaway Schedule for 2021 in Austin, TX:
*All times are in the Central Time Zone. This is a tentative schedule for the LIVE event in 2021.
- Check-in & happy hour/refreshments: 5 – 6 pm
- Off-ice contemporary/modern dance: 6 – 7:30 pm
- Break: 7:30 – 8 pm
- On-ice exploration: 8:00 – 10:00 pm
- Coffee time: 9:00 – 9:15 am
- Specialty Workshop on the Enneagram & Self-Awareness: 9:15-11:15 am
- Lunch: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Edge class & Six Ways of the Spine: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- Improvisation / movement on-ice: 2:10 – 3:10 pm
- Break: 3:10 – 3:30 pm
- Choreography & body awareness/core strength on ice: 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Community dinner in downtown Austin to follow (this dinner is NOT included in the registration price)
- On-ice breath & body warmup – Ice Flow: 10:00 – 11:00 am
- Contemporary skating moves: 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
- Lunch break: 12:00 – 1:15 pm
- Improvisation & choreographic tools: 1:15 – 2:15 pm
- Skateaway Showcase: 2:30 – 3:00 pm
- Break: 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Breath, sharing & mindfulness closing off-ice // Wine & Soda Tasting off-ice: 3:30 – 5:00 pm
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATIONS FOR SKATEAWAY
TRAVEL TO SKATEAWAY 2021
Nearby airports serving the area include:
- Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) – 35 minutes
The 2021 Adult Weekend Skateaway will be held at the in Austin, TX.
- Skateaway Rink Address: Chaparral Ice Rink – Northcross, 2525 W Anderson Ln, Austin, TX 78757