CORE Camp 2020 DATE ANNOUNCEMENT!
Intensive Summer Camp for Figure Skaters
Thursday-Sunday, July 23-26, 2020 | Greater Chicago area
For levels Freeskate 1 & above; and ages 6 & higher.
Core Body. Core Self. Core Choreo. CORE Camp is a mini-summer training camp for figure skaters in all disciplines, of any level, ages 5 and up.
This summer 2019 figure skating training camp from American Ice Theatre will help skaters develop the “Mind-Body-Movement Connection” with on- and off-ice classes and instruction from a faculty of nationally- and internationally-recognized coaches and choreographers.
- 2020 Camp Dates: Thursday-Sunday, July 23-25, 2020
- 2019 Camp Location: Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, about 45 minutes north of Chicago.
Camper Registration will be available in January 2020.
Coaches Registration (12 PSA credits available for coaches! Will be available in 2020.)
CORE Camp Faculty
Directed by PSA Master-Rated and AIT-Certified choreographers, CORE Camp also features top-notch faculty, including nationally- and internationally-recognized coaches and choreographers:
- Garrett Kling, AIT Co-Executive Director / PSA Master-Rated & AIT-Certified Choreographer
- Kate McSwain, AIT Co-Executive Director / PSA Master-Rated & AIT-Certified Choreographer
- Rachael Flatt, U.S. National Champion / World Competitor / Olympic Competitor
- Sean Marshinski, National-Level Technical & Skating Skills Coach
- John Mucko, PSA Master-Rated & AIT-Certified Choreographer
- Molly Olson Poniatowski, AIT-Certified Choreographer
- Carey Tinkelenberg, National-level Master-Rated Coach
- Annette Thomas, Director of Ballet for Figure Skaters/Certified Instructor of Authentic Vaganova Methodology for classical ballet
- Cordero Zuckerman, International-level Choreographer & Performer
CORE Camp Curriculum & Schedule
The daily camp schedule runs from 8 am – 4 pm each day, with an option to extend your day by adding private on- or off-ice instruction with our nationally- and internationally-recognized coaches and choreographers.
Campers will be separated into 3 groups based on skating level and age. Each group will rotate through on- and off-ice classes including:
- on-ice classes to develop skating skills, including stroking, power, turns and edges, footwork, contemporary skating tools, improvisation techniques, and choreography; plus
- off-ice classes including hip hop, modern dance, ballet, yoga, mindfulness, and breath work.
All camp curriculum is taught in keeping with AIT’s Mission, Vision & Core Values.
The final day of CORE camp (Saturday afternoon) will feature a skating showcase from 3:30-4:00 pm for skaters to perform a final artistic ensemble to demonstrate the concepts learned.
The showcase also offers a platform for emerging choreographers to display their work. Select skaters may be invited to perform in an additional number choreographed by these talented young choreographers. Guest artists will be announced closer to the camp date!
CORE Camp Tuition & Fees
Full Camp Tuition & Daily Rate
The fees for this summer 2019 artistic figure skating training camp:
- For camp skaters:
- Early bird registration: $250 by March 31.
- Regular registration: $300
- Late registration: $400 until July 15 or until all spots are filled; only 1-day spots remaining.
- For coaches and choreographers:
- Discounted tuition rate: $25/day for coaches and choreographers.
- Free tuition for coaches who bring 4 or more skaters!
Can’t attend the full camp? The CORE Camp daily rate is $25/day.
Tuition fees cover on- and off-ice class tuition only. Room and board are not included. During registration, you may opt to add lunch at the rink each day for a small additional fee, and/or to sign up for private instruction.
Optional Private Lessons at CORE Camp
During online camp registration, under “Practice Ice,” you may advance purchase two 30-minute private lessons for just $120. Note that:
- Requests for the type of private lesson (i.e. skating skills, choreography, Moves In the Field, off-ice yoga, etc.) are available during registration.
- Instructor requests are honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
- After May 1, additional private lessons may be available for purchase at $120/hour.
- Private lessons requested at the event (not purchased in advance) will only be scheduled as available, at $150/hr.
Do your online CORE camp registration and private lessons request(s) now:
Travel & Accommodations for CORE Camp
Travel to CORE Camp
Nearby airports serving the area include:
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) – 45 minutes
- Milwaukee (MKE) – 35 minutes
- Chicago Midway (MDW) – 90 minutes
Camp is held at the RecPlex Ice Arena in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
- Camp Rink Address: 9900 Terwall Terrace, Pleasant Prairie WI, 53158
- Camp Rink Phone: 262-925-6754 (Office) | 262-925-6755 (Front Desk)
Hotel & Room Block for Campers
Need accommodations for camp? We have a block of rooms reserved at the Fairfield Inn Kenosha, which is just a 5-minute drive to the rink.
- The special group rate for CORE Camp is $149/night.
- Use group code CCRCCRB when booking.
Register Now for CORE Camp 2019
Secure your spot at CORE Camp today. Late registrations are still being accepted; only 1-day spots remaining!
Use the EntryEeze website to complete your online registration.
Coaches: Register Now (12 PSA credits available for coaches in attendance!)