Learn, Teach, Choreograph & Perform with AIT
Want to kick-start your contemporary skating career? Or, interested in learning more about figure skating choreography? The AIT Mentorship Program provides skating choreographer(s) with the chance to build your choreography skills, teaching vocabulary, and skating network. The Ricky Harris Scholarship Award also offers skating choreographers scholarship money toward the AIT Mentorship Program.
Grow your knowledge, connect with a community of like-minded artists, and launch your contemporary skating career through opportunities to:
- choreograph, and
Examples of learning opportunities include:
- being a camp counselor and participating in the 3-class coaches’ track at CORE Camp;
- sitting in on a Master Choreography Techniques class meeting via videoconference call;
- observing the AIT Directors Annual Meeting; and/or
- observing a Theatre on Ice practice or AIT performance company rehearsal.
Examples of teaching opportunities include:
- presenting a session at the American Contemporary Skating Festival;
- presenting at a local AIT satellite location seminar; and/or
- serving as guest coach for one class at CORE Camp.
Examples of choreography opportunities include:
- choreographing a solo or ensemble piece for the American Contemporary Skating Festival showcase; and/or
- doing choreography for an AIT satellite location Junior company.
Examples of performance opportunities include:
- performing in AIT’s annual U.S. Open piece; and/or
- performing in a solo or ensemble piece at the American Contemporary Skating Festival showcase.
If you want to learn, teach, and have a platform to perform or choreograph, please contact us and let us know. We would be happy to get the conversation started!
Ricky Harris Scholarship Award
Are you interested in learning more about how to be a leader in contemporary skating in your area? AIT offers an annual scholarship for opportunities to artists and entrepreneurs of contemporary skating. The Ricky Harris Scholarship Award is given to a recipient annually who wishes to pursue leadership in contemporary skating in their area. Consider applying for this $500 award, and continuing Ricky Harris legacy’s of being a leader in choreography.