Want to kick-start your contemporary skating career? Or, interested in learning more about figure skating choreography?
The AIT Mentorship Program provides selected choreographer(s) with the chance to build your choreography skills, teaching vocabulary, and skating network.
Grow your knowledge, connect with a community of like-minded artists, and launch your contemporary skating career through opportunities to:
- choreograph, and
Examples of learning opportunities include:
- being a camp counselor and participating in the 3-class coaches’ track at CORE Camp;
- sitting in on a Master Choreography Techniques class meeting via videoconference call;
- observing the AIT Directors Annual Meeting; and/or
- observing a Theatre on Ice practice or AIT performance company rehearsal.
Examples of teaching opportunities include:
- presenting a session at the American Contemporary Skating Festival;
- presenting at a local AIT satellite location seminar; and/or
- serving as guest coach for one class at CORE Camp.
Examples of choreography opportunities include:
- choreographing a solo or ensemble piece for the American Contemporary Skating Festival showcase; and/or
- doing choreography for an AIT satellite location Junior company.
Examples of performance opportunities include:
- performing in AIT’s annual U.S. Open piece; and/or
- performing in a solo or ensemble piece at the American Contemporary Skating Festival showcase.
Interested in these types of opportunities to kick-start your contemporary skating career? Contact us to inquire about being selected for our mentorship program!